The Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) is a program of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that seeks to preserve affordable housing. Public housing across the country needs more than $26 billion in repairs and many public housing agencies (PHAs) do not have enough money to keep units in good condition. RAD provides PHAs a way to stabilize, rehabilitate, or replace properties by converting to a project-based Section 8 platform and allowing access Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), public or private debt, and grant funds for the rehabilitation of properties.
AHA is seeking to participate in the RAD program as one method for renovating and addressing deferred maintenance needs at the subsidized properties the agency owns and operates.
- What is RAD and Why is it Needed?
- RAD Letter to AHA Residents
- RAD Letter to AHA Residents in Spanish
- RAD Resident Meeting Q&A
- Board of Housing Commission’s Approved Resolution 2018-15 RAD Application
- RAD Letter of Interest
- Harper RAD Application
- The Commons at Martineztown RAD Application
- Click Here for More Info on RAD