The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) allows local Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) that already administer a tenant-based Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance program under an Annual Contributions Contract (ACC) with HUD to locally choose take up to 20 percent of that PHAs authorized HCV units and attach the Section 8 rental assistance funding to specific units (Project-Based) rather than using it for tenant-based vouchers.
AHA has Project Based Voucher (PBV) rental assistance benefits that are tied to units at specific apartment complexes. This rental assistance is not a portable rental benefit. The PBV rental assistance cannot be transferred to pay rent at any other rental unit or property.
AHA IS ACCEPTING PRE-APPLICATIONS FOR PBV UNITS AT THE FOLLOWING PROPERTIES:
- The Commons at Martineztown, located at 320 Roma Ave NE, 415 Fruit Ave NE, and 615 Arno St NE Albuquerque, NM
- Luminaria Senior Community, located at 10600 Central Avenue SE, Albuquerque, NM
Click here for Project Based Voucher Program FAQs
Click Here to Submit a Pre-Application for Project Based Voucher Units in English
Haga Clic Aquí para Enviar una Solicitud Previa para Unidades de Comprobantes Basadas en Proyectos en Español
AHA is not currently taking applications for PBV Units at the following properties, but continue to work with applicants on the existing waiting lists:
- Nuevo Atrisco apartments located at 201 Unser Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM
- Generations at West Mesa apartments located at 5715 Avalon Road North West, Albuquerque, NM
- Kentucky Manor apartments located at 437 Kentucky St SE, Albuquerque, NM
- Luna Lodge apartments located at 9119 Central Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM
- NLH4 apartments located at 6600 Delia Rd SW, Albuquerque, NM
- Sundowner apartments located at 6101 Central Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM
PLEASE NOTE: selection in the PBV Program drawing is not a guarantee of admission to the Section 8 Project Based Voucher Rental Assistance Program. Households selected will be screened according to the Section 8 PBV Administrative Plan.
Households selected through the waitlist process should not make any plans to move or rent a home until they are specifically directed to by AHA Admissions Staff. Households selected through the PBV program will be contacted by U.S. Mail regarding the next steps to be taken. Please note that your official AHA selection letter sent by U.S. Mail to the mailing address on file with your confirmation number is your official proof of selection through the process. You may also get unofficial reminders by email, text or phone call.
For more information or questions concerning the Section 8 PBV Program please contact Patricia McKenzie at email@example.com. Future drawings will be made throughout the calendar year.
LOST YOUR PBV PROGRAM PRE-APPLICATION CONFIRMATION NUMBER?
Click Here to Look up Your Confirmation Number in English
Haga Clic Aquí Para Buscar su Número de Cconfirmación en Español